Sunday, November 25, 2007

Filler Up


Intro
I have had the privilege of going on three very good dove shoots this year. All of the fields had something in common that seemed to really attract the birds and no it was not bait. All of the fields were extremely clean. I have observed through my hunting trips that birds like clean feeding areas, so I am going to tell you how to have a clean field.

Burn Baby Burn

Before the season starts you should burn off the fields you plan to hunt. It is always wise the harrow around the fields before burning them off. After you burn off the field you should keep it mowed until the season starts.

I Spy With My Little Eye

You should always scout out you fields before hunting to see what time the birds are coming and how many are coming. When you have found out their pattern is it is time to shoot them.

tag: , , ,

No comments: