Friday, November 16, 2007

Bird!!!






The Approach
When duck hunting most ducks come straight at you when they are planning to land in the decoys. Whenever you have a group of ducks doing this I would suggest that you wait until they set there wings, as in the picture. Whenever they do this it is time to take em. All you have to do is aim directly at them and pull the trigger.

Fly By
One of the hardest shots for me is a passing bird. My problem is that I forget to continue my lead. What I mean buy this is that I stop my swing when I shoot and the bird just flies in front of the shot. I would suggest to go to your local shooting club and practice these shots. If you don't it could cost you some birds.

Overhead
The birds that fly directly over you are my favorite. If you have one coming straight at you, you should have about a three foot lead if it is a dove or a big and a four to five foot lead if it is a teal. To hit a bird going out away from you, you should give him a two or three foot lead depending on height and distance.

tag: , , , , , ,



No comments: